Important Fall Quarter Dates & Deadlines
We hope your quarter is getting off to a good start. Here are some quick reminders about dates, deadlines and confirming your schedule as you settle into Fall Quarter 2020. Below are important highlights, you can find the full academic calendar on South's website.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline to receive 100% refund = Monday October 5th, 2020. Even if you are receiving Financial Aid this is an important date because if you drop later in the quarter you may be required to pay back financial aid money.
- Last Day to add a class = Monday October 5th, 2020. Check the online schedule, if the class has seats available and you meet the requirements then you can register. If they class is full, you need instructor permission to join. Please keep in mind that full classes with waitlists will be difficult to add.
- Last day to drop a class and not have it show up on your transcript = Monday October 12th, 2020. Dropping a class between October 12th and November 20th will result in a "W" (withdrawal) grade for that class and the class remains on your transcript. It is not possible to drop a class after November 20th 2020 for Fall quarter.
- Deadline to receive a 50% refund = Sunday October 18th, 2020. You will receive no refund for classes dropped after this date.
- Confirm you class schedule through the MySouth portal. Make sure you are registered for the classes you think you are registered for, and not registered for classes you don't intend to take. Don't assume the instructor will add or drop you automatically.
Online learning and CANVAS support
- Need help or have questions about online learning? Check out South's Online Learning & Technology Assistance website.
- Here's a helpful checklist for getting started with online classes and accessing CANVAS.
- We also have lots of resources for learning to use CANVAS. Keep in mind you might not see your course listed in your CANVAS site until the instructor publishes it. Be patient and follow up with your instructor.