Winter Quarter 2021 Bookstore Operations
The following information is provided by the South Seattle College Bookstore, operated by Barnes & Noble:
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, the South Seattle College Bookstore will remain closed to the public until further notice. While we understand that this will impact normal end-of-term operations, our priority is the health and safety of our employees and the students we serve.
Reminder: View our Academic Year 20-21 Information webpage to learn how the college will operate, offer classes, and provide students services for Fall and Winter.
The following no- or reduced-contact options will be available through Fall and Winter quarters:
FALL TEXTBOOK RENTAL RETURNS
Fall rental returns are due by Thursday, December 17, 2020.
- Return textbook rentals by mail: Visit the South Seattle College Bookstore book rental webpage and follow the instructions to purchase a return UPS label for a nominal fee (you will need your order ID and email address). Print your label at home or at your local UPS store, affix it to the box, and drop it off at a UPS store or drop off point. (Be sure to save your tracking number!)
Important: You will be charged 75% of the new book price plus a 7.5% non-refundable processing fee for any rental not received at the campus bookstore in person or by mail within 5 days of the return due date.
SELLING BACK TEXTBOOKS
We will not be buying back textbooks at the bookstore until the campus reopens for in-person services.
- You can still sell your books through our wholesale partner, MBS, by visiting southscc.bncollege.com and clicking the TEXTBOOK BUYBACK button. If your books are eligible for buyback, MBS will provide shipping instructions and a free shipping label. Please note that MBS buys books at wholesale prices – books sold to MBS will not be resold through the campus bookstore.
ORDERING TEXTBOOKS FOR WINTER QUARTER
We are busy filling our shelves and will continue to fulfill all online orders as books become available! You can order textbook by visiting southscc.bncollege.com.
- Shipping is FREE on all orders of $49 or more. Items shipped UPS Ground within the Seattle area typically arrive within 1-2 business days.
- Required and recommended supplies are also available on our website. We are happy to help you over the phone if you cannot find an item you are looking for!
- Students using financial aid (Workforce, VA, Voc Rehab, Running Start, etc.) can order books and supplies online by selecting VOUCHER WITH STUDENT ID as the payment option. Once your funding has been verified, we will fulfill your order.
Still have questions? Bookstore staff are available to help! Call us Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., at 206.934.5338 or email us at SM233@bncollege.com.